Wednesday, April 14, 2010

New Friends!


This is our new Alpaca friend. He came with the name Calvin, but we are currently in the process of picking out a "Z" name for him. Calvin is a 3 year old gelding who loves spending time with Yoshi. If you have an Idea for his new name please send us a note!


I am hoping that we will be able to shave our new friend this weekend. Yoshi and Salty need to a hair cut too! Our current thoughts on a name are Zorro, Zander, Zelda and a few others Sam has been tossing around.

For the past few months I have been concentrating on School things with Sam and getting ready for the Iowa Federation Spin in. We made about 200 dragon Eggs and around 80 spindles to display and have up for sale. I am happy to report that the Spin in did very well, and now I have over 60 spindles to list in the Etsy Shop.


Our April Fiber of the month of is Spearmint and the May fiber is Thin Mints or Chocolate Frog (for the Harry Potter Fans). I love sparkles in my fibers but I realize that not everybody does so I am going to try to make up 2 months of fiber at a time, 1 with sparkle and 1 without.


Spearmint is a blend of Merino, Superwash Merino, Mill Ends, Bamboo, Firestar, angelina and nylon.


Thin Mints or Chocolate Frog is a blend of Merino, Superwash Merino, Iowa Wool, mill ends, bamboo and Nylon.
The green fibers are the same the difference is the white or chocolate fibers and of course the sparkle. Both colors may or may not felt, I have been meaning to try but just haven't found the time to knit something up.
If they sell out before the month is over I have lots of dragon eggs waiting in the wings for their turn to shine.
Watch for more spindles and fibers to be listed on Etsy.
Happy Spinning!
Loretta

No comments: