Monday, June 1, 2009

June Fiber of the Month

June Fiber of the Month!

This color is sky blue. I bet you can tell I have been spending hours in the garden.


The fibers in the June blend include; Merino, SW merino, soy silk, Pygora, Firestar and Angelina



Here is a batt, hand pulled Roving and a sample skein.


This is a granny square made from the Sample skein.


It never fails, as soon as you set out a project help arrives to "help."
This is Raj, he always ends up in the middle.

For the last few months I have been looking for something to do with all the sample skeins I have spun. Most of them are around 30 yards long, but I always have little bits and pieces that I don’t have the heart to toss. I have finally come up with a solution, Granny Squares. So I purchased several pounds of a black merino bamboo blend and have been spinning up a storm. Last week I spun up several 4 ounce skeins. I now have 30 or so 4.5 inch squares. So now I have to decide what to do with them. I have been toying with the Idea of a tote bag or purse. However the traditional blanket is still creeping its way into my thoughts. To make a decent size blanket I would need 196 squares. Choices.

Happy Spinning!

No comments: